Sunday, November 4, 2012

Figure Painting of Chol -- Finished, Framed but not yet Varnished

Over the summer of 2012, I reworked my figure painting of Chol.

In our original setting over the winter, Chol was posing on our piano bench in front of a black screen, with a single light source on his left and our gas fireplace on his right.

I decided to give the background more atmosphere by brightening one side and suggesting planks on the floor receding into the distance in the direction of the sitter. I made the figure warmer and the background cooler.

Below are two views of the painting on my easel finished but not varnished.




And here is the picture framed and hung under the track lights in our hallway.  It has a temporary varnish on it called Retouching Varnish. I will be giving it the final, proper varnish next summer once it is completely dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment