Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 1 update on Still Life #3


Things are beginning to smell and a fine web of mould now coats the pumpkin... so I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep the pumpkin in place. Yet its bright orange is such an influencer on the colour of the objects around it.

I've finished painting the first pine cone, the one sitting in the basket. I'm pleased with the colours I came up with but my drawing was not as good as it should have been. It's sitting a little "pinched" in shape.  Yet, I'm abandoning the accuracy of shapes. The pumpkin itself has shrunk about 10% in the last three months, so it's height/width are no longer serving as good guides for measuring the placement of anything else.

Only the basket has been a constant. I'm now beginning to add more detail in the weaving.

Closeup:


Full view:



No comments:

Post a Comment