Sunday, February 19, 2012

Figure Painting of Chol -- updated

This painting is evolving each week, as it should. Previously, I added a running shoe on the bottom right side to add a bit more balance to the composition. To keep the viewer's eye in the painting, I decided to point the shoe towards Chol's right foot, rather the outwards towards the painting's edge.  Colour continues to be a bit of a struggle. In the setup, much of what I see is a cool grey, with only shades of warmth appearing to me in the deepest shadows, especially on the left side, closest to a gas fireplace I keep going.  This week, I brightened up the background in the top left, which seems to help the figure pop forward more. I also concentrated on modelling the hands and feet for the first time and when those areas are dry next week, I'll continue until they're done.


From Saturday Feb 18:



From the previous week,  Feb 11:

No comments:

Post a Comment