Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Yellow Lure for the Fishing Scene

I've added the final element to this painting: the yellow lure suspended above the book between the lamp and the fabric. This was the colour anomaly that is intended to add "life" to this still life. Tonight I applied a second coat over the first one that wasn't masking the dark background very well (Most yellows are transparent; I had to find an opaque one called Naples Yellow and add some Flake White to cover the black background adequately.)  With everything painted "once", the second painting stage has now begun and I'll be concentrating on blends and edges...


Below is a photo of my set up tonight. The dark background which weeks ago was fresh has now sunk in to a matte colour. It will come alive again when I paint over it once more with

No comments:

Post a Comment