Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Brook Trout and Rope

I've left the perch alone for now. The word not the fish. A couple of sessions ago, I repainted "Perch" by first laying down small black boxes to represent where each letter needs to go. After adjusting the vertical and horizontal angles of the sides for each letter, I slowly began carving them out. That seemed to be the more efficient approach. They still need some fine tuning, but I'll do that at the "second painting" stage, which I'm close to beginning.

As you'll see from the image below, I've started blocking out the second set of letters: "Brook Trout". And I've begun to mess more with the rope, warming it up and making it a bit more ragged. The last thing I'll do before starting second painting is to fix the colour of the cork lantern and give the background another dark coat. The next one will be warmer, unlike our spring weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment