Monday, February 21, 2011

Tenebrist still life -- a report in photos of my progress in the last six weeks

This is my first post since the start of winter.  Here's a reminder of what the set up looks like. I took this photograph last Saturday using a tripod that's slightly shorter than I am and the whites are showing brighter here than they actually are.


Below:
Progress as of February 19th. I spent this day repainting the background and adding the glass on the lamp while I was at it.  I still have a long way to go but seem to move faster each week.



From February 7: Redrawing the lure, building up the paper on the book, and touching up the area underneath the book to correct values and colour.



January 21: my first go at the lure.


January 15: Adding the rope and other shapes...

No comments:

Post a Comment