Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Red, White and Green Still Life -- nearing completion...

I've spent the last few sessions on small details, softing and hardening edges to bring things to a final finish.
Last night I repainted the bottle, first oiling in the surrounding area so that I could see again the paint that has already sunk in. I still need to lose the edge on the left side or at least make it more symmetrical with the right, even though I've been painting it exactly the way I see it. The other things left on my To Do List include:
  • repainting the highight on the tea pot again using white mixed with stand oil to make it both brighter and more opaque than a regular glaze
  • smoothing the finish on the spout
  • adding a grey glaze to the top of the roll on the red cloth (genuine dust has accumlated now)
  • repainting the tea pot's handle, especially the edges that meet the background 


No comments:

Post a Comment