Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nose job and skull surgery

This was a week of major surgery... For a long while in December 2008 my canvas was off-kilter while sitting on the easel. It somehow shifted out of position and I did not check the plumb line with a level... The consequence was distortion that I failed to notice for weeks: a forehead that bulged, an eye shadow that was too wide, and a nose the was elongated and pointed up... So I trimmed them all back and tried to make corrections in the surrounding beard and hair line... I'm moving down to the neck and base next week, hoping to finish first painting ASAP...

-- Juan also recommended using larger brushes for first painting and not blending at all on the canvas --- just lay down blocks or patches of colour. By standing back from a distance, they should blend in... Save the true blending in for second painting when I'll be working up close.



No comments:

Post a Comment