Sunday, December 2, 2007

Juliano's 5 o'clock shadow


Here I made a first attempt at big form modelling. Much more work is needed to get the forms turning.
First I prepared the pallete. I created one column of decreasing values mixing black and white. Then I created a second column of matching values with raw umber and white. To create neutral value (neither cold nor warm), I mixed the pairs of values together and started applying them to the face.

I started working from the jaw upwards, creating short vertical strokes with a wide brush. When I reached the cheek, I stopped. Then I mixed calcium carbonate with the Titanium white and applied that on the top of the forehead pushing out. As I worked down to the cheek, I added increasing amounts of the lighter values to the pure white.

No comments:

Post a Comment